I needed to mix up dirt, so I used Fast and Final spackling. I mixed in some coarse sand, and some tempra paint to give it the color I wanted. I added a little bit of water to thin it out just a bit. Then I started spreading it on like cake frosting. I'm working in sections so I can keep control of what I'm doing. After I layed the spackle, I took the greenery I dyed, and pulled it apart. I then pressed it into the spackle. I also added some tiny dried flowers into it. Once this fully dries (it will take a couple of days) the spackle should hold the greenery nicely. At that point I can go back and trim up the grass so it isnt so clumped.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!